Delete cache files TS3
Cache files are temp files to store some game resources and decrease loading times (not just the launch loading time, but also loading time to load buy mode catalog for example).
These files are stored under My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Cache files are incremental files, if you add something new - such as a lot, an object, a new family - some resources will be added into the proper cache file. On the contrary, if you delete something the game doesn't delete the related resource on cache file.
This is the reason because sometimes clean cache files is a good operation to do. If you keep an eye on these files you will notice that their size increase at every game loading, and these files keep a large amount of space.
How to delete cache files
- Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, you will find the following files:
- Delete all files listed above
- Launch the game. The game will re-create all these files.
- You don't need to delete all this file everyday, if you delete them sometimes is enough.
- If you are planning to copy whole your Saves folder, delete cache files first, so you could save some storage space.
- You need to delete cache file when:
- you delete/disinstall some custom contents,
- you replace some default replacement with other ones,
- you remove mods,
- you install some new mods or default replacement.